Learning is a lifelong effort. "Consider a language ... language serves to describe a combination of colored squares on a surface. The squares form a complex like a chessboard. There are red, green, white and black squares. The words of the language are 'red', 'green', 'white', 'black', and a sentence is a series of these words. They describe an arrangement of squares in an order." -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, philosopher (20th century)

The Flatmates episode 6 (including Video/ Vocabulary)



Episode 6: Breakfast time
Tim: Morning, campers!
Alice: Ooh, not so loud, my head's killing me.
Michal: I'm feel awful too. I've got a pain stomach. My head hurts.....
Tim: Welcome to your first British hangover Michal! What you need now is a good fry-up.
Alice: Bleugh! Oh, morning Helen. You look as bad as I feel. Have you been crying?
Helen: No, no of course not. Just burning the midnight oil studying, studying, studying.
Tim: So, who's for eggs, beans and toast?
Alice: Urgh! You really are a pain in the neck sometimes Tim!



Vocabulary:

Morning, campers! (phr.) - Good morning!

camper (n.) - a young person who goes to a camp during the summer to do different activities

My head's killing me (idiom) - I've got a very bad headache

headache (n.) - an ache or pain in the head

awful (adj.) - extremely bad or unpleasant

stomach (n.) - : the organ in your body where food goes and begins to be digested after you swallow it

a hangover (n) - a headache from drinking a lot of alcohol

a fry-up (n.) British: a meal made of fried foods (fried egg, mushrooms, bacon etc.)

Bleugh - is an expression of being disgusted

disgusted (adj.) - very annoyed or angry about something : feeling or showing disgust

to burn the midnight oil (phr.) - to study or work until late at night

No comments: