Learning is a lifelong effort. "Consider a language ... language serves to describe a combination of colored squares on a surface. The squares form a complex like a chessboard. There are red, green, white and black squares. The words of the language are 'red', 'green', 'white', 'black', and a sentence is a series of these words. They describe an arrangement of squares in an order." -- Ludwig Wittgenstein, philosopher (20th century)

Greetings from Angela

This Christmas I got some very nice Christmas-cards.



"Dear Peter.."
Christmas is coming soon.
I just want to say thank you to you. Thank you very much for teaching me English. I [was] afraid of English before, but now I have you [...] English teacher[s]. I'm very glad.
So, I really want to wish you [...]

Merry X'mas!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
happi[ness] all the time!
Get many, many, many
Presents & cards!
have a special New Year!
By you student
Angela Wong 2007.12.24"
[P.S. edited some for clarity]

No comments: